Thank you for all the efforts you are taking to stop the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)! The Bennett Valley schools have had no confirmed student or staff cases of COVID-19.
I wanted to alert you to the possibility that schools will be closed by the State or County following Spring Break to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so you can make preparations for your family.
In the event schools are closed beyond Spring Break, our teachers have been working hard to prepare work packets for your child to complete during the closure as a way to maintain continuity of education and learning. You will receive these packets today. There will also be ways to access some of our on-line learning resources from home.
The intention is for your child to have a homework-free spring break week and then have access to work to do if schools are shut down following spring break.
Here is a great resource for parents: Talking to your children about COVID-19
Common Sense Media offers some resources for families:
Media recommendations for entertainment
Hand-picked, age-appropriate media suggestions to keep the whole family engaged.
- Best Music Apps and Games for Kids
- New Kids' TV Shows
- 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They're 12
- Best Family Movies
- Common Sense Selections highlighting the best movies and TV shows
- Sibling Watch-Together TV
- Best Documentaries for Kids and Families
Resources for at-home learning
Tools to help parents and caregivers keep kids focused and learning at home.
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- Apps That Act Like Math and Science Tutors for Homework Help
- Free Educational Apps, Games, and Websites
- Top Time-Management Apps
- When everything feels overwhelming, check out tips for taking in rapidly changing news.
- De-stress together with meditation apps for kids and families.
- Get the blood flowing and elevate the mood with these 25 dance games
- Apps, websites, and video games that inspire running, jumping, and more to stay active.
- Don’t forget to enjoy a device-free dinner or two.
- You can always visit commonsensemedia.org or commonsense.org/education for more resources and support.
I will keep you informed as things develop.
I wish all of you a healthy spring break and look forward to seeing you when schools reopen. Please take all necessary precautions to keep yourself and family members safe including frequent hand washing and social distancing. The quarantine works to slow the spread when people follow the advice of health officials and stay away from large groups.
Have a wonderful spring break and stay safe!
Sue Field, Ed.D., Superintendent