Dear Strawberry Families,
As many of you may have heard, a few days ago it was announced that the COVID-19 School Closure will be extended until May 1. This puts us all in an unprecedented situation. Please know that we are here as a school community to support you and your children.
Families are under enormous pressure right now. The learning opportunities provided by the district and the school are just that: opportunities. Lessons and activities are meant to keep kids’ minds active and engaged. If this feels like too much, or is adding to your household’s overall stress level, please slow it down. This is new for everyone, including the teachers and staff, we are all learning how to find balance, structure, and joy in an unexpected format.
When these days are over, and we can all reflect back on these moments, I hope that our students remember…
- learning to cook or garden with you
- the games and puzzles they played with you
- pajama days and watching movies as a family
- how the adults around them managed their own reactions
- that teachers and schools missed them, connected with them, and cared deeply for them
- How the adults around them protected them and created a safe and structured environment
I can’t tell you what’s going to happen next. No one can. I can tell you to expect continued regular communications from me, the teachers, and the school district. I can tell you we will all learn how to stay connected in our new digital world. I can tell you that we will get through this – together.
Go Eagles, Principal Wilson
VOTA 2020 Stay Tuned Flyer 2.pdf